Sunday, August 17, 2008

Fundamentalist vs Liberal Christian vs New Atheist

The Bible?

Fundy: the Bible is the Word of God
Liberal Christian: the Bible is a bunch of myths
New Atheist: the Bible is a bunch of myths

What books do you read?

Fundy: you should read Norm Geisler books
Liberal Christian: you should read Spong books
New Atheist: you should read Spong books

What about prayers?

Fundy: God has answered my prayers
Liberal Christian: God has never answered my prayers
New Atheist: God has never answered my prayers

Hell?

Fundy: Hell is a real place
Liberal Christian: Hell is imaginary
New Atheist: Hell is imaginary

What are you going to do now?

Fundy: I'm going to pray for you and read the Bible.
Liberal Christian: I'm going to pray for you and read the Bible.
New Atheist: I'm going to pray liberal Christians come out of the closet.

2 comments:

T said...

Kiwi,

This is a great start to your blog. Your thoughts are great! I think you should engage in discussion on other websites and link to your own posts here. Who knows, maybe you'll attract a following. I've bookmarked your site and I'll keep checking in to see how things progress for you.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.